Monday, February 1, 2010

let the naming begin

I gathered all of the nominations I could find and put them together in the polls at the top of the blog. Clearly the 6PMers were a little more inspired to name their class. I imagine it has something to do with the 6AMers not giving a shit what I call them at 6AM in the morning. If any of your 6AMers come up with a nomination you want to add, throw it in the comments and I'll put it in the poll.

ANYONE can vote for these. I don't care if you're Tyler (who?) or a Nigerian prince who stumbled upon this blog ready to ask for some money...VOTE! You can vote for more than one choice if you wish. Your future is in your hands. I think I'll let South Park and Diddy (or Puff Daddy, or Sean Combs...) take this one:





On an unrelated note, everyone did a fantastic job with the double metcon today! There were some killer performances in both classes. The two workouts tend to expose different weaknesses in CrossFitters. Have a hard time with the heavy weight in "Grace" but crushed the 2nd metcon? Or kill "Grace" but have a hard time with those gymnastic movements? Or maybe you killed both. Or maybe you got rocked by both. Use them to determine which thing you want to focus on. For the ladies in the bodyweight challenge, I will give you a suggestion...focus on the gymnastic movements. Before and after class, at home, in your sleep, whenever you can, practice! I'll talk more about this in the future.

If you're feeling fired up and angry about the "Vote or Die" campaign, here is arguably the cutest puppy ever:



If you're not smiling right now, call your emergency contact. You're dead.

13 comments:

  1. The puppy doesn't show!! Don't deprive blog viewers of the puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe it's just your computer...it shows on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello good friends,

    My name is Abdul Jamar Al-Nigeriani and my father is chief of tribe owning all lands of local oil. We wish to share freely all oil monies with our good American friends. We build personal pipeline straight to your residence. To do so, we request your help. Thanks to anti-terrorist law passing in your country, we cannot build money pipeline unless our company is USA. We request you join us. Promise, we not bad terrorists. Unless you think free money shipping make us bad. Bad to the bone maybe! We like USA music!

    With humbled friendship,
    Mike Nigeriani, ♥ USA

    PS Megan you need new compu-tor. We send you one friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want that puppy. And yep, I voted and I'm not even in the same STATE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave,
    I need to borrow your video recorder. Adelaide does stuff that's cuter than that like 10 times a day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about "3 2 1 WakeUp!" for the 6am crew?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I voted Chicago style; 40 times. Random favorite quote: "My name is Stephen Segal. 'Ats right. Stephen Segal."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok.. I have a couple...
    - Sixaholics
    - 6AM! I must be nuts!
    - ....the best part of waking up....
    - "No mommy, I don't want to go to school today!"
    - Rx'd right out of bed

    Ayanna also had one:
    - Early Birds

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dave, I voted again. Just messin' with ya.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paul, Zim, apparently I'm retarded and I can't edit the poll anymore because people voted. I guess dumb blogspot wants me to keep it honest and such...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, it'll be more than honest, dave. Because of Chicago voting (I voted x to the y-power times!) I can tell you the outcome right now. Just messin' with ya. That SouthPark Vote or Die clip was hilarious, but in a really creepy way. Wasn't it based on a real MTV thing? Hard for me to keep up with all our culture's more alarming twists and turns. I was originally turned off by the nihilism of SouthPark, but maybe there's some value in savage ridicule and parody.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How about a new post? Looking forward to some words of wisdom... or fun...

    ReplyDelete