Wednesday, January 13, 2010

what do you want?

All right, everyone, it's time for your input. What do you want to see on this blog? It's for you, after all. Well, you and to entertain me. Anyway, do you want advice, stories, information, more animal videos, technique, highlights of our class members, goal setting (I'm look at you, whoever hasn't posted a goal yet!), feedback, physics news...? All of these things? None of these things? You can't stop me from linking to things like SharkBear, but you guys have the power here. It's for you!

I think Midori deserves some special recognition after she revealed to me (and herself) last night that she ran the full 400m on each round of the WOD on Monday! This is huge! Before the WOD we talked about how she didn't think she could finish all the runs so we decided to go for 200m per round. Without realizing it, Midori went to the 400m turnaround every time and finished the WOD in just over 25 minutes! Beast.

This post brought to you by more talking animals:

9 comments:

  1. Hi Dave, I love what you put up on this blog. It is hilarious and the laughter it generates is helping with core fitness. I like reading about inspirational breakthroughs, like Midori's running 400m like it was 200m. I would like to see tips on what to think about in the lifts, what accomplished crossfitters stress in their own approach to their own training and improvement, and even some scholarly articles occasionally that lay out the empirical evidence for crossfit approach to fitness. I know the CF Journal is a good source, but wonder what else is out there. And pa-leese keep the animal videos coming!! "Oooo, that's a bit rank. Have to lie down for a minute." Feel off my chair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Steve said and maybe link to or post some good oly lifting technique or motivational xfit videos (like best performance of max reps Sharkbear overhead in 10 minutes).

    Keep the Dave personality coming...that's what'll keep it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel off my chair should read fell off my chair. Aish. Add spelling to list of goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dave: I think you're doing great -- of course I do, you just put a cool post about me!! Thanks by the way for doing that...except of course now I can no longer "sandbag" it.

    I like all the suggestions on Stephen's list and would like to add fashion: as in where do you get all the cool crossfit t shirts you wear? Maybe a post with pictures of all your favorite t-shirts and where we might be able to purchase them and thus look good while we're doing those lifts. Also shoe suggestions -- you gave Stephen some advice but it's fallen out of our ears.

    Oh and here's sort of animals pitching Orangina
    Juice...adds new dimension to the term "tail."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck14LKBI9GM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dave's shoe and shirt fashion blog. Oh how I saw this day coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um...may I say Tyler you look rad in those sun googles. Nice to see you putting your style out there...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Dave, everything so far has been really funny or educational - both are great! Maybe some more on things that happened during the classes, like tips for improving, or success stories taken from the athletes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the comments everyone! i will use them all when coming up for posts on the blog.

    ReplyDelete